Vancouver is, first of all, in my opinion, the most wonderful city in Canada and perhaps even north America. Located in western Canada, Vancouver has a much more pleasant climate than other cities in Canada. It is surrounded by ocean and mountains. It’s definitely the city of my heart !
First: How to travel Vancouver !
Hollywood of the North
Vancouver city is also called « Hollywood of the North« . Vancouver ranks second after Los Angeles in TV production and third in feature film production (after Los Angeles and New York).
Vancouver’s Stanley Park
Do you know that Vancouver’s Stanley Park is 10% larger than Central Park in New York. The Best way to explore it is rent a bike and ride along the famous Seawall.
Real estate prices in Canada
Bad news, Vancouver is also the highest real estate prices in Canada. According Numbeo a 1 bedroom in City Centre is around 1900$/month and 1450$/month outside the city center !
- 1 bedroom in City Centre 1,920.69 C$ – 1,500.00-2,300.00
- 1 bedroom Outside of Centre – 1,453.26 C$ – 1,100.00-1,800.00
- 3 bedrooms in City Centre – 3,615.98 C$ – 3,000.00-4,500.00
- 3 bedrooms Outside of Centre -2,582.76 C$ – 2,000.00-3,200.00
Around 40% of Vancouver’s total population is made up of immigrants. In 2016 the population of Vancouver was 631,486.
- Caucasian – 52.5%
- East and Southeast Asian origins – 29.7%
- South Asian origins – 11.1%
The Eye of The Wind
And it’s not a joke, Grouse Mountain as the only one turbine in the world that has a a viewing platform !
BC Place was the first covered stadium in Canada.